O que é o Laboratório de Lógica e Raciocínio Crítico (LLRC)?
The Laboratory of Logic and Critical Thinking is a unity dedicaed to develop analytical skills, enhancing creativity, and developing mental models that are important fot the workplace. Analytical skills include collecting and analyzing information, improving problem-solving abilities, decision making, awareness of new and relevant scientific and technical research in critical areas. All such activites are intended to help solving real-world problems and improving overall productivity and optimization.
The Laboratory of Logic and Critical Thinking is interested in supporting any activities, from the practical to the conceptual side, that may help the enhancemnt of rationality in business and personal life. The list of main activities include: Big Data, problem -solving, business intelligence, case analysis, causal relationships, optimization, planning, predictive modeling and strategic planning among others, intended to foster activities such as:
- Data Analysis
- Experimental design
- Analysis of uncertainty and errors
- Analysis of conflicting factors
- Logic Programming
- Expanded logic
- Foundations of scientific method
Projetos em Execução
- Artificial Intelligence for stock trading and levels of automated trading (activities involved: big data, non-standard probabilities, logic programming, modal logics, description logics)
- Software for complex set-up configuration in large plants (activities involved:: expanded logic, fuzzy methods and non-standard probabilities, advanced logic programming)
Who can participate?
The Laboratory of Logic and Critical Thinking organizesWorking Groups for concentrated tasks. Members work under contract or grants.
Results and project deliverables
Starting from 2018, several activities are in progress, including software development, private (non-publishible) theoretical work, production of white papers* , and course planning.
A “white paper” is a document issued to highlight the features of a proposal, an idea, a solution, a product, or a service written in an argumentative way, based on facts and evidence.